1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I had a Barbie that had lipglosses in her skirt or maybe I got something from Mizz magazine for free, but the first makeup item I ever bought was probably from Miss Sporty, I can’t lie.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
For some stupid reason I tried to trim false eye lashes whilst they were glued on my eyelids and accidentally trimmed my actual eyelashes, so a mascara that makes the shorter lashes look long is good with me! I’m pretty happy with They’re Real! from Benefit though.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Medium to full coverage I guess, otherwise whats the point? Also, I like a matte finish because I spent my teenage years as a shiny berk and I don’t want to do.
4. Favourite high-end brand?
Urban Decay, Laura Geller or Clinique.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
MAC, Charlotte Tilbury, Tarte, Too Faced, Zoeva, Marc Jacobs, Bobbi Brown, NARS, YSL; there are loads. I just cannot justify spending ridiculous amounts of money on make up when it would leave me with no money to actually go outside wearing it.
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
I’ve just looked in my makeup bag and apparently it’s either Rimmel or Max Factor.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Nope, I’ve just decided to avoid them as it’s never a successful endeavour.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Nah, I leave the house with a naked face all the time. This is my usual daily makeup at the moment when I can be bothered to put something on:
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I love my Real Techniques brushes, particular the tapered foundation brush I got in the Deluxe Collectors Edition Gift Set. Speaking of brushes, I really liked my Tangle Teezer as well before I had to throw it out.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get loads of goodies at once?
Not very often, I’m an absolute horror when it comes to buying new mascara. I usually pick items up when and if I need them, for instance I got a No7 eyeliner pencil the other day because I managed to drop my Laura Geller one and smash it into the carpet. It’s quite good actually.
11. Do you have a beauty budget or do you spend freely?
It depends on my entire budget overall, makeup is about fifth on my priority list: food and clothes will always come first.
12. Do you utilise coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Not a lot, I do have a Boots Card and intend to get one of those Debenham’s ones at some point. I did get a £20 Boots gift card the other month and ran to the makeup section in the Beverley store like I was on fire and it was water.
13. What types of products do you buy the most?
Eyeliners probably, although I own more lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes than is necessary.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely cannot stand?
Every single god damn drugstore brand that does nail varnish: it’s 2016 and I still have to walk around for two days without picking anything up incase my nails chip.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulphate?
I’m really trying to, I’m almost constantly on the Think Dirty app.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Boots, Superdrug and Debenhams if I’m feeling fancy.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
Since Christmas my skin care routine has gone a bit a bad because I received so much skincare stuff. Most of the time I’ll use my Clinique stuff, but if I can’t be bothered to wash my face and risk wetting my hair in a morning I’ll use my No7 Cleanser and Toner. When I’m drunk I just use wet wipes because drunk Sibby is a hot mess.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Lush is by far my favourite, but Soap & Glory is great too.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Benefit, probably. I’ve only ever used like, six of their products but every time I do it looks great.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I really like the Topshop makeup packaging, I should really get some to see if the products are any good.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Kylie Jenner is by no means one of my favourite people but her makeup always looks flawless.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I do not even know how one would join one of those?
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I’ve never tried multifunctional products before, I have literally no idea how you’d apply cheek stain.
25. Are you clumsy when putting on makeup?
Oh yeah, I’m constantly having to use cotton buds to sort my face out.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yeah, I have some in a Seventeen palette somewhere that’s pretty good.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Right now I use Garnier shampoo and conditioner, then Tresemme volumising mousse and Kerarstase blow-drying cream. So four if I’m blow-drying my hair. If I’m letting it dry naturally I usually apply some Elvive Fibrology – it’s amazing.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I don’t really use concealer, but when I do I tend to put it on first.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I’ve considered it before because it sounds like fun, but I know I’d be the one in the class like Andy at the beginning of The Devil Wears Prada.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love how when I put it on it feels like I’m applying war paint, like I’m ready for anything. Plus it’s pretty funny when it goes wrong.